BF4 Soldier: DMPCo

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 pm

pc software

just installed
    rainmeter
    fences
    dreamscene
    rocketdock

anyone else use these. looking for some sceenshots/skins used for ideas. also need high resolution video to create loops at 6000x1080 here is an example of what i mean

a GAMING PC is BUILT not BOUGHT!
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 am

Re: pc software

Nope.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Knightwolf654

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 4

BF3 Soldier: knightwolf654

BF4 Soldier: knightwolf654

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 am

i used rocket dock back when i was running XP and the short lived vista, it was great until 7 showed up and introduced the new task bar. fences reminds me of the boxes for holding shortcuts in Kubuntu.

i7 3930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Gigabyte R9 Fury X :icon_mrgreen:
    32gb ddr3-1866
    3x 27" LG IPS displays + 1 23" IPS display
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB
    Samsung 830 pro 256GB
    WD SE 2TB
    1200 watt Corsair PSU
    H100 water cooling
    8TB FreeNas Server
    <<

DMPCo

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: DMPCo

BF3 Soldier: DMPCo

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 pm

i like fences, with just a simple double click your icons are gone. rocketdock seems pretty nice because of how easy it is to make your own icons, rainmeter is just bad ass. sooooo many skins for it.. have not had a chance to use dreamscene yet because i am having trouble finding a good high res video to loop for wallpaper. i'll mess with them more next weekend. i am surprised that no one is using any of these.

<<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Image my old rocket dock

And this is what had as a dreamscene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwrnoaL2Jc should prolly start using this stuff again :/ thanks for reminding me once I get a new one ill show what it looks like......tbh this is really old and crappy looking :P

Check this out for dreamscenes. http://www.deviantart.com/customization/?q=dreamscene

<<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

DMPCo wrote:just installed
    rainmeter
    fences
    dreamscene
    rocketdock

anyone else use these. looking for some sceenshots/skins used for ideas. also need high resolution video to create loops at 6000x1080 here is an example of what i mean

Rainmeter is awesome, been using it for years and years. Very simple to use and customize.
    Rocketdock is good, I no longer use it but that's due to my lack of creativity.
    Fences is quite nice, if you tend to get a lot of things on your desktop you can just group them up. Reason I don't use it is cause I like minimal things on my desktop and I like to just have a single icon to windows explorer and I utilize the favorites bar in that, my default location for everything is the downloads folder whereas a lot of other folks like the dektop.
    Dreamscene crossed my radar when I was using rainmeter and rocketdock but again I don't invest the time in customizing my computer to warrant having it.

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Still a WIP and I'm new to rain meter so it looks .....default lol but I don't know why you guys are using fence and rocket dock since you can create a new folder to hold stuff for you on rocket dock DMPCo could have two folders one for tkc banners and the other for T3's "special photos" etc.

<<

DMPCo

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: DMPCo

BF3 Soldier: DMPCo

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 pm

lol frosty. fences is nice because there are icons i like to keep on my desktop that can be kept on it but quickly gone with a simple double click. and i keep that special folder of T3's "special photos" on a flash drive around my neck
    Owl Necklace Flash Drive.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 pm

TarHeelDead wrote:
    rainmeter
    fences
    dreamscene
    rocketdock

Rainmeter is awesome, been using it for years and years. Very simple to use and customize.
    Rocketdock is good, I no longer use it but that's due to my lack of creativity.
    Fences is quite nice, if you tend to get a lot of things on your desktop you can just group them up. Reason I don't use it is cause I like minimal things on my desktop and I like to just have a single icon to windows explorer and I utilize the favorites bar in that, my default location for everything is the downloads folder whereas a lot of other folks like the dektop.
    Dreamscene crossed my radar when I was using rainmeter and rocketdock but again I don't invest the time in customizing my computer to warrant having it.

What's up dude.. haven't seen you in a while. :)

<<

λndersony †

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Steam Name: (TKC) λndersony †

BF4 Soldier: Anders0ny

Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:49 pm

rainmeter
    fences
    dreamscene
    rocketdock

I use DeskScapes instead of dreamscene, mostly because they have 'Dynamic' dreams that aren't necessarily a video loop running and eating up resources, but rather an animated wallpaper that is generated on the fly. They are, in essence, Direct3D applications as wallpapers. The advantage of Dynamic Dreams is that they use virtually no CPU. They’re done completely on the video card. These dynamic dreams mimic what I was used to using Compiz in Linux.

I also like Windows FX 5 from Stardock, another program of theirs that gets me one step closer to feeling at home (back on Linux ;).

Their prices at Stardock (as I'm sure you know from Fences) are quite reasonable.

...btw, glad to see someone else making a boring desktop more fun, points for that !

.:- λndersony †
    .:- Division Leader of Flushed Items -:.

AMD Ryzen 1700X (8-core@overclock 4.0Ghz)
    Asus ROG Crosshair 6 Hero
    Nvidia GeForce 1080
    G.Skill 16GB ddr4-3600Mhz
    Kingston HyperX M.2 Predator PCIe 240Gb SSD
    Corsair 1200i Watt PSU
    Corsair H100i water cooling
    Voodoo Blackbird Case
    <<

Deathstrikes

Steam Name: MLJackson

BF3 Soldier: Deathstrikes

BF4 Soldier: Deathstrikes

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:47 am

I like Using Rockdocket on all my systems but will have to check out some of the other links you have posted.. Currently just allow Windows7 & 8 to change my Wallpapers around every 15 Minutes..

<<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:46 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote: I was using rainmeter and rocketdock but again I don't invest the time in customizing my computer to warrant having it.

What's up dude.. haven't seen you in a while. :)[/quote]

Yep I've been things other than computer gaming and keeping up with forums for a while now I guess. I've stopped by occasionally but none of the computer games currently get any interest from me.

Not to distract from the thread but just a little update from me: since BF3 came out I graduated NCSU, started working full time for Eaton, got married and have been keeping up with other things in life. Only gaming I've been doing lately is NCAA Football , Sports Champions and now GTA V on PS3.

Sorry about disappearing.

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am

TarHeelDead wrote:
    (TKC)-o]T3[o wrote: I was using rainmeter and rocketdock but again I don't invest the time in customizing my computer to warrant having it.

What's up dude.. haven't seen you in a while. :)

Yep I've been things other than computer gaming and keeping up with forums for a while now I guess. I've stopped by occasionally but none of the computer games currently get any interest from me.

Not to distract from the thread but just a little update from me: since BF3 came out I graduated NCSU, started working full time for Eaton, got married and have been keeping up with other things in life. Only gaming I've been doing lately is NCAA Football , Sports Champions and now GTA V on PS3.

Sorry about disappearing.[/quote]

Hello. Sounds like things have been going good for you. :)

Hopefully when BF4 comes out you'll wanna play with us. ;)

Return to PC Hardware