Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:12 pm

crazy unlock

Hey guys long time no see, been busy working and taking care of the kids (I got a part time night job to pay for my pc upgrades). Anyhow back to the subject at hand, I was messing with my PC the other day trying to OC it a bit and some how this AMD Athlon II X2 260 turned into an AMD opteron 1300? I was excited at first because I read that it was like hitting the lotto if your CPU wasn't a black edition and was instructed to try and raise the FSB and the multiplier. My stock multiplier goes to x16 won't even show me any higher than that. I went into the bios to try it out and it reverted back to the X2 260 but in the BIOS it opened up my multiplier to x50! I raised my FSB to 205 (from 200) and bumped the multiplier to x20(from x16) well the system crashed and my RAM modules went kaput, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of this happening and if I could have damaged something other than my RAM modules? I put them in 3 different pc's and none of them worked with my RAM installed, my pc does work however with some generic ram from bestbuy I was able to pick up the day my RAM went out.

p.s. I was told by one person that they were able to get a X2 240 to do the same except they got it OC'd to 3.6ghz (which would be stellar for me)

CPU-Z Validation of Opteron unlock.
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2089934

ImageImage Image