• AMD bulldozer

<<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:18 pm

AMD bulldozer

OK I have seen a lot of reviews about the bulldozer, benchmarks and all that stuff. Everyone says Intel beats it in benchmarks and all that blah blah blah. Like Viperman said in a previous comment. When new stuff comes out on the market, whether it be a CPU,wash machine,microwave automobile...etc. There are always going to be bugs until they are worked out. I still like my AMD 965 B.E and if it can handle Battlefield 3 and it is playable and smooth with no issues then I have no problems. Benchmarks may show Intel better but if the game plays just as well with an Intel or AMD then I see no issues.

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

Foffkillz

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: Foffkillz

BF3 Soldier: Foffkillz

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Re: AMD bulldozer

Im no expert on computers or anything (ask chrimson :)), but I think that the CPU won't be the bottleneck in this game. It will probably work on 90% +- 5% in game which makes it difficult to run other programs, but the game itself should run quite well. Dont take my word for it, but it is what i think will happen. :P

Fractal Design Define R3| AMD Phenom II X4 OC'd @ 4GHz | Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB OC'd @ 950MHz | 12 GB Corsair Value RAM | Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 MOBO | Corsair TX V2 750W PSU| NZXT Touch screen Fan Controller
    <<

Knightwolf654

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 4

BF3 Soldier: knightwolf654

BF4 Soldier: knightwolf654

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 pm

bulldozer is a very radical design, programs out not were just not ready for it. that at its running on a very immature 32nm process that is causing alot of leaks, which is why the power draw is so high. now with that said bulldozer is looking up. most of the reviews out there used ASUS crosshair V since that's what came with the reviewer package. there appears to be a major flaw with this board as well as gigabytes board. the reviewers that instead used either a MSI or asrock board turned up much better results that had upwards of anywhere from a 5-10% gain. this is good how ever test still show that the 2600k is a bit faster. i think if AMD would of got company's on board before launch and get them to program to take advantage of the architecture the launch may have gone better, they also should have been working with Microsoft to come out with a scheduler to patch into windows 7 instead of having us wait till windows 8 (5-10% gain with the scheduler). they also should not of lied threw there teeth about it either. now my phenom 2 945 is still plenty for what i do day to day as well, and looking at prices a AMD mobo and CPU combination is about $100-$200 cheaper for the same features. let me also point out that bulldozer actually beats the 2600k in battlefield 3. i think if amd fixes the issues in the next stepping (should be before the end of the year) it should be a good processor but still no where near what we were told.

i7 3930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Gigabyte R9 Fury X :icon_mrgreen:
    32gb ddr3-1866
    3x 27" LG IPS displays + 1 23" IPS display
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB
    Samsung 830 pro 256GB
    WD SE 2TB
    1200 watt Corsair PSU
    H100 water cooling
    8TB FreeNas Server
    <<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 am

Foffkillz wrote:Im no expert on computers or anything (ask chrimson :))

Haha thanks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that...I'm no expert, I just know more than the average person.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:33 pm

In quoting Knightwolf654, referring to the Bulldozer beating the I7 in Battlefield 3, I found this, http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/ ... e_review/2 ,seems they are pretty equal.

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:04 am

The 2500k is not an i7 its an i5.

Also, why is it the AMD only did better when over clocked and the others did worse? Somethings not right there IMO.

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans

Return to PC Hardware