• ATI or Nvidia, Which is better?

<<

Luninariel

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: ATI or Nvidia, Which is better?

The issue on doing research and looking at facts is exactly the issue that T and you have King, years of great experiences with Nvidia or ATI and then bam crap with the opposite, Since I had my first gaming rig, all I ever new was Nvidia, So I've used their products all my life, I've had some good ones (like the 9500 I have now, and the 8800 before it) and some bad ones (Like my ball of fire 9800) but idk, I'm looking for the visual not so much the "Customer experience" cause each side has a company with amazing customer service Nvidia has EVGA and ATI has... idk, what's the EVGA equivelant for ATI? I see most of their cards are Sapphire? What's the best company to get an ATI card from? Cause that's a good deciding factor Image and video quality as well as Rendering quality, Vs. Customer service, cause I know evga will replace a card almost no questions asked.

<<

Knightwolf654

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 4

BF3 Soldier: knightwolf654

BF4 Soldier: knightwolf654

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:11 am

years of experience, o man your making me feel old, I'm only 23! :)
    I have only had to deal with customer service once, I honestly can't remember the company. But it was my nvidia 6600 gt and it took them 2 months to complete a rma because my card had fallen behind a counter.....
    my ATI card is a sapphire card and I've had no issues. Can't tell you much about there customer service.

looked it up, it was msi.

i7 3930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Gigabyte R9 Fury X :icon_mrgreen:
    32gb ddr3-1866
    3x 27" LG IPS displays + 1 23" IPS display
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB
    Samsung 830 pro 256GB
    WD SE 2TB
    1200 watt Corsair PSU
    H100 water cooling
    8TB FreeNas Server
    <<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 am

I've had cards from both sides before...my first was an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 256MB AGP card. I could barely run Half Life 2 Deathmatch at mid-settings. That was a massive upgrade from the 32MB NVIDIA Quadro 2 card that was in the PC when my parents bought it for me. lol. Anyway, a while after that, my dad purchased a PNY GeForce 8400GS PCI card so he could run Windows 7 on his PC (his bulit-in GPU didn't support DX10 or 11). Right after he got it, his HDD failed, and was without a PC for a few months. So, with my newly acquired HP PC that my last girlfriend gave me, I took dad's card and put it in the HP. I could play HL2DM maxed out, and CoD MW at mid settings very smoothly. Loved the card, never had any issues out of it until the fan died on it. Simple fix, dad bought a new fan and put it on, worked fine. Still works fine to this day in my brother's pc. Next card was with my gaming rig, a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870. Worked like a dream, still have it. Only reason I upgraded to a 6970 was for BF3. So I can say I've tried both companies, but for some reason I like AMD better. It's really all about preference. In all honesty if I had the extra money, I'd have a GTX 590 right now.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

Luninariel

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 am

Well that's the thing you see, there's positivity and negativity on both sides, and if it really comes down to 150% preference, then my preference is going to go to whomever has the better "Aw crap it broke, I can has a new one?" company. I know EVGA insures their product for lifetime, as told by Dragon and Plum, does ATI have an equivalent to that? The only big ATI manufacturers I know are Sapphire and XFX..

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:25 am

Luninariel wrote:Well that's the thing you see, there's positivity and negativity on both sides, and if it really comes down to 150% preference, then my preference is going to go to whomever has the better "Aw crap it broke, I can has a new one?" company. I know EVGA insures their product for lifetime, as told by Dragon and Plum, does ATI have an equivalent to that? The only big ATI manufacturers I know are Sapphire and XFX..

XFX has double lifetime warranties on all their GPUs.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah that's true :)

<<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 pm

The way I see things, if your going with a hardcore gaming rig only, go AMD/ATI and look into getting XFX cards. If your going to do gaming, graphics or vid rendering get Nvidia.

My personal experience with AMD/ATI cards was a bad one. So I have been on the Nvidia platform since.

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 am

True :)
    country_boy454 wrote:The way I see things, if your going with a hardcore gaming rig only, go AMD/ATI and look into getting XFX cards. If your going to do gaming, graphics or vid rendering get Nvidia.

Previous

Return to PC Hardware