• Sound card question related to video!

<<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Sound card question related to video!

Ok I was just checking out online about a seperate sound card and there was a few people that said using onboard sound can actually cause video flickering while gaming, and that it is best to use a seperate sound card in place of the built on motherboard sound....is there any truth to this, I was just curious? I have a seperate sound card from my old system that is only a year old and thought about installing this one just to see if I notice a difference in sound quality, but hey if it helps out the video, I may just put it in..so any feedback would be great! Thanks TKC brothers and sisters!

Wags!!! :icon_happy:

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Re: Sound card question related to video!

what motherboard do you have? I'm sure this problem is limited to certain chipsets and motherboards...it can't be all of them.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:36 pm

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:what motherboard do you have? I'm sure this problem is limited to certain chipsets and motherboards...it can't be all of them.

Oh no my computer runs fine, I was just curious as to how the sound card can interfer with video, it seems kinda strange to me...my thing is will there be a big difference in sound if you use the onboard or a seperate sound card...sorry for the misunderstanding....

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Oh and that actually reminds me, with my old system, when I put in the new sound card the graphics were terrible now that I think about it. This is when I played Half-Life Deathmatch in Big Flems, when I removed the sound card, it played better.... :oo go figure so there must be something to this perhaps!

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

Luninariel

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

A sound card is usually installed to get better audio quality without tying up your main systems resources (After all the less things your processor has to focus on the more it can do no?) If the game was nearly completely bottlenecked as in the Graphics card is tapped, as is the ram, and all that's left is the processor yes, your system can have some abnormal inconsistances such as audio distortion and popping as well as lack of good quality, However... now a days with quad and even hex cores, and running at the ghz they do, as well as the graphics cards pumping out the force they do, you barely see it. I always have and always will use a Audio card but that's because I consider myself an audiophile, and I believe buying a sound card will give you better sound placement and levels, not because of resources =P

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 pm

You got it all right bro. there is nothing more to say. :)

Return to PC Hardware