• New motherboard is ORDERED!

<<

Sinner0420

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: New motherboard is ORDERED!

I love that thermal armor, it looks so badass.

ImageImage Image
    <<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:Luni, mine is here:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... ooth%20p67

and no, mine is not better than the one you linked lol

Plum, ran into trouble with it. Turns out my old mobo's SATA mode was set to IDE and that's what I installed windows as. this one's default is AHCI. I had issues booting up until I changed the mode to IDE, but I'm having a crapload of issues at my desktop now. I'm just moving all my stuff (music, games, etc) and doing a clean install under AHCI. I won't be gaming till later tonight most likely.

There's a windows fix installer that can convert your windows drive from IDE to AHCI, I did it a while ago and it just changes a few things in the registry.

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:29 am

TarHeelDead wrote:
    (TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:Luni, mine is here:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... ooth%20p67

and no, mine is not better than the one you linked lol

Plum, ran into trouble with it. Turns out my old mobo's SATA mode was set to IDE and that's what I installed windows as. this one's default is AHCI. I had issues booting up until I changed the mode to IDE, but I'm having a crapload of issues at my desktop now. I'm just moving all my stuff (music, games, etc) and doing a clean install under AHCI. I won't be gaming till later tonight most likely.

There's a windows fix installer that can convert your windows drive from IDE to AHCI, I did it a while ago and it just changes a few things in the registry.

Where is it? lol...I reinstalled windows...and forgot to freaking change the UEFI setting to AHCI before I did it....*facepalm*

*EDIT*

nvm...found it on microsoft's site. They have a file that runs and automatically changes the registry values.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    Previous

Return to PC Hardware