country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: 4 or 6 cores?

I was playing two eve online accounts last night, surfing the web, and video editing/rendering/compression, burning some DVDs also and my CPU usage never went over 72%! Im really starting to see where Intel SHINES!!

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    <<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:08 pm

(TKC) brownman350 wrote:So you 're saying intel is better and will always better, i just want to know what you think about that. :)

Oh and.. I did try AMD once upon a time.. I had a 4 year old P4 at 1.4GHz, vs a brand new AMD Chip at 2.2GHz That i just bought (I don't remember the exact model numbers on the CPUs..) Oh gosh was that thing ever slow... Biggest $800 I ever wasted... My 4 year old P4 was faster when it came to video editing, even just using Microsoft word, or booting up (CPU was bottleneck when starting up on the AMD, whereas on the Intel, the bottleneck was the HDD and the Intel still started up faster)... But this was years ago...

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

ferrari8608

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: chazzthespaz

BF3 Soldier: WillKill4Ramen

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 am

People seem to forget that the Deneb chips came out in January of 2009, almost three years ago. At the rate technology advances, comparing them to Sandy Bridge is just silly. Of course they can't keep up!

I would wait until later this month when Bulldozer is released for sale to form a current opinion of AMD. All we know for sure at the moment is that Intel CPU's are fast. How they compare to AMD's upcoming lineup is still a mystery.

http://wccftech.com/amd-fx-bulldozer-chips-start-shipping-week/

AMD Phenom II X4 970 ~ MSI NF980-G65 ~ 8 GB G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 1333 ~ EVGA GeForce GTX 580 ~ Corsair HX 750W ~ Antec Lanboy Air
    <<

Luninariel

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Well see, the thing is, Intel does it first, and faster. Where as AMD does it a little more pricey but I guess more for single object type people? Idk. I've always gone intel for processor and AMD for graphics cause for some reason AMD does better Gcards then processors.

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:03 pm

ferrari8608 wrote:People seem to forget that the Deneb chips came out in January of 2009, almost three years ago. At the rate technology advances, comparing them to Sandy Bridge is just silly. Of course they can't keep up!

I would wait until later this month when Bulldozer is released for sale to form a current opinion of AMD. All we know for sure at the moment is that Intel CPU's are fast. How they compare to AMD's upcoming lineup is still a mystery.

http://wccftech.com/amd-fx-bulldozer-chips-start-shipping-week/

Not all of them are comparing to the sandy bridge if i remember that ME is using a core 2 quad Q6700 which a 2 die 65nm dual core which was released in april 2007 and he is not taxing that chip yet playing games, now the deneb phenom IIx4 black edition was released in april 2009 which is a single die 45nm chip which just using the base comparison of die size and number of dies the amd should kick the crap out of Intel and that it is 2 year newer. Now this isnt a fight its showing that they year difference isnt the point its that amd is attempting to bring themselves back from behind intel and that is why bulldozer is coming out which will bring them into a fighting position, until sandybridge-E comes out and than ivory bridge comes out and blows AMD backwards again. I myself have a Core 2 Duo E8600 and a 955 BE and i like them both the amd blows my intel out of the water but that is because i have tortured my intel.

Previous

Return to PC Hardware