FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • BF3 Keyboard

<<

Pengwin

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 am

Re: BF3 Keyboard

Luninariel wrote:Any high end keyboard will do that to you. A keyboard is only worth it's weight in features and the userbase, the Black Widow is more for RTS and MMO's since the Mechanical keys offer quicker response times and those are the ONLY two types of games that will bank on that speed (After all 0.2-0.4 seconds is 1 to maybe 1/2 a bootstep in game =P) So here Razer is just cashing in on the early fan boys, for a shooter fanatic I'd reccomend the Logitech Gamer series, (G15, g19, and G510) All come with LED's and a nice screen that tells you a whole CRAP ton of in game stats from what server you're on to the map you're in to even your instant ping. It also tells you your K/DR the number of people in server and several other things that make it well worth its 119.99 price tag.

Some mechanical keyboards prove a decent edge in all games. Mionix and Deck make Keyboards with Cherry MX Blacks, which are linear and non-tactile, so they register quick without actuating twice and using more force like the MX blues of the Blackwidow.

E.g.
    Image versus Image

I'd agree about the logitech keyboards though. Since as a gamer you'll be flooring the keys, rubber domes will do you just fine.

<<

Cecil900

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: C_E_C_I_L

BF3 Soldier: Cecil900

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 am

Yeah i actually want Mionix's keyboard. My Razer Black Widow's spacebar broke on me, and no one else makes a back lit gaming mechanical keyboard that i have seen. So once i saw mionix just started selling in North America i decided i want one, just need the $150

http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=zibal60

Notice how the advertise "Rage Proof Durability"

<<

Luninariel

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:35 pm

I just got into the idea of mechanical keys, my buddies been selling me to the idea of a black widow ultimate as it has a quicker push to action time and since I am going to sell my soul to an mmo in the near future (The old republic) having an edge off the bat. Me likey. However, is the Zibal>Widow?
    EDIT: Also what is Double-Tap when it refers to gaming?

<<

»mk(stéálthÉnigma)

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 pm

My keyboard is so cool it doesnt have letters. Game on that betches.

SwagInYourAO
    CPU: Intel i5-750 2.67GHz (TurboBoost) Memory: 8GB DDR3 1337MHz GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 OCed 840MHz-Core 1040MHz-Mem Screen: LG 21" 1600x900
    Image Image
    <<

Cecil900

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: C_E_C_I_L

BF3 Soldier: Cecil900

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Re: BF3 Keyboard

Luninariel wrote:I just got into the idea of mechanical keys, my buddies been selling me to the idea of a black widow ultimate as it has a quicker push to action time and since I am going to sell my soul to an mmo in the near future (The old republic) having an edge off the bat. Me likey. However, is the Zibal>Widow?
    EDIT: Also what is Double-Tap when it refers to gaming?

I just had a problem with the spcae bar coming off all the time, it would come off in the middle of a starcraft game. You can also find videos of the spacebar actuly hitting other keys. Just bad design, and i havent heard bad things about the zibal.

Previous

Return to PC Hardware