Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 am

Re: PNY Releases Self-Contained Liquid Cooled GeForce GTX 58

ok changed it now but thats all you have to say jez.

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 am

Dragonrage217 wrote:ok changed it now but thats all you have to say jez.

I would say more but I don't understand liquid cooling well...otherwise I'd already have it :P

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 am

well it really easy to understand with what i design there you can cool more than 1 card and still keep it cooler than and air cooling can. but the loop starts out with the pump sitting on the bottom of the case facing the removable side plate have it pump up to the card and it than flows through the waterblock pulling all the heat away which than falls out of the block down the tube and out modded holes in the bottom back panel of the case. which than flows into and through the radiator which has the fans pulling air threw the radiator and where the heat is sent to the little fins and cooled allow cold liquid to go back to the pump and repeat the cycle.

<<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:41 am

Liquid cooling is more intimidating then hard IMO. Once you get over the fact that it can wreak havoc on your system if a spill occurs your fine. OR you can get non-ionic, non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-toxic, bio-degradable coolant such as the stuff from Fluid XP and not worry anymore!! Trust me I leaked this all over my case when I first set it up from a mistake on my end. It got all over my mobo, RAM, GPUs, CPU, PSU. Stuff works great for cooling too! A local PC shop to me has a whole set up submerged in this stuff. Literally sitting in a 20 gallon fish aquarium!

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    <<

Cecil900

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: C_E_C_I_L

BF3 Soldier: Cecil900

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:46 am

Re: Re: PNY Releases Self-Contained Liquid Cooled GeForce GT

country_boy454 wrote:Liquid cooling is more intimidating then hard IMO. Once you get over the fact that it can wreak havoc on your system if a spill occurs your fine. OR you can get non-ionic, non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-toxic, bio-degradable coolant such as the stuff from Fluid XP and not worry anymore!! Trust me I leaked this all over my case when I first set it up from a mistake on my end. It got all over my mobo, RAM, GPUs, CPU, PSU. Stuff works great for cooling too! A local PC shop to me has a whole set up submerged in this stuff. Literally sitting in a 20 gallon fish aquarium!

Does it cool just as well as normal coolant? If so why would you use anything else?

<<

ferrari8608

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: chazzthespaz

BF3 Soldier: WillKill4Ramen

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 am

country_boy454 wrote:Liquid cooling is more intimidating then hard IMO. Once you get over the fact that it can wreak havoc on your system if a spill occurs your fine. OR you can get non-ionic, non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-toxic, bio-degradable coolant such as the stuff from Fluid XP and not worry anymore!! Trust me I leaked this all over my case when I first set it up from a mistake on my end. It got all over my mobo, RAM, GPUs, CPU, PSU. Stuff works great for cooling too! A local PC shop to me has a whole set up submerged in this stuff. Literally sitting in a 20 gallon fish aquarium!

And it doesn't gunk up your loop? I've read that most people just use water because the nastiness other coolants can leave behind in your rads and blocks.

AMD Phenom II X4 970 ~ MSI NF980-G65 ~ 8 GB G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 1333 ~ EVGA GeForce GTX 580 ~ Corsair HX 750W ~ Antec Lanboy Air
    <<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Re: PNY Releases Self-Contained Liquid Cooled GeForce GT

Cecil900 wrote:

Does it cool just as well as normal coolant? If so why would you use anything else?

What is the normal coolant? If you are talking Ethylene Glycol than that stuff is bad for systems if not monitored it will eat threw some of the components liquid cooling kits and also is very toxic and corrosive if it is not maintain which will ruin you pc components if it leaks out.

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:27 pm

ferrari8608 wrote:

And it doesn't gunk up your loop? I've read that most people just use water because the nastiness other coolants can leave behind in your rads and blocks.

Those that do pure water are the ones that complain when it springs a leak or during filling and it gets on there system and shorts out the computer so for me i would never risk running water no matter what. Some coolants do that because of the dyes and not the additives you just have to read reviews to see if it does gunk up otherwise i have been running the same coolant for now over 2 years and no build ups in my system yet.

<<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:05 am

What you are reading about gunking up is the DYE additive that is put into the coolant to make it UV. I used it on my old AMD set up for about 6 months and noticed no gunk anywhere when I dissasembled it. I thought it would be cool to have the UV reactive stuff so I bought it not knowing about that it can cause the loop to get green gunk built up in it. This time around I went with the stuff I linked, it have no dye in it. For my UV reaction I went with UV blue tubing!

Just like Dragon said, it cools just as well as distilled water but none of the side affects distilled water has. On those systems you have to worry about Algae build up! They make kill coils that are almost pure silver you put in your resevoir or if your daring enough in you tubing. They also have a product called PT Nuke that is supposed to enhance the effectiveness of the silver kill coil. I didnt want the headache of having to add this and that and the constant worry about leaks so I went with the Fluid XP stuff. Yeah it is expensive but like I mentioned I had a massive leak and no worries!

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    Previous

Return to PC Hardware