Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 am

PC took a dump today.

As some of you may remember, about two months ago my hard drive failed and I had to do a clean install on a brand new hard disk. At that point I acquired Acronis backup software and make a backup (after I had my system mostly back to normal). Well who knew that I'd already have to be going to the backup? My boot sectors got hosed (I think I know why), and I couldn't boot up today. Well I eventually gave up, went to my backup, and was able to restore. Save for maybe an hours bit of work, I'm mostly back where I was last night so I must say, making a backup is a really good idea. I'd done it in the past but when I'd try to restore, it would fail. This is the first time it's worked and I love it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :P

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

DMPCo

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: DMPCo

BF3 Soldier: DMPCo

BF4 Soldier: DMPCo

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Re: PC took a dump today.

Acronis backup software <--- love this backup software this is what i switched to last year. has always worked great for me :)

a GAMING PC is BUILT not BOUGHT!
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Unfortunately later last night I found out my problem had followed me even after the restore. Today I have reformatted my hard drive and restored again. I am currently trying to get all the updates I need (the restore had most of the software I need but I'm adding and removing some), and it seems as though I finally got the problem fixed with the reformat. My problem was it was rebooting REALLY slowly.. sometimes it would take like 30 minutes. I think the disk was hosed up around the master boot record or something. Hopefully it will keep restarting fairly quickly and I can move on with my life. If not, I will just do a clean install and start over from scratch.

And yes, after this I will probably go ahead and buy Acronis because it's working nicely for me.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 am

DMPCo wrote:Acronis backup software <--- love this backup software this is what i switched to last year. has always worked great for me :)

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:And yes, after this I will probably go ahead and buy Acronis because it's working nicely for me.

Acronis is definately the best back up program.. I love it. :icon_mrgreen:

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.

Return to PC Hardware