Revered Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: bobzwik

BF3 Soldier: Bobzwik

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 am

Re: Need help building my first PC.

*HUGE FACEPALM*

I forgot something very important.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP! I couldn't have done it without you guys. And special thanks to ME. he has hElp he a great deal.

Thx

I SHALL RULEZ!
    ImageImage

<<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Congrats!

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    <<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:57 pm

bobzwik wrote:*HUGE FACEPALM*

I forgot something very important.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP! I couldn't have done it without you guys. And special thanks to ME. he has hElp he a great deal.

Thx

Your welcome, and congratulations on your first build!
    Isn't building computers fun? ..lol ..Its rather addicting too (if you have the money)... I havent built a computer in 2 years..I have an itch to build one.. But i built 3 computers in grade 7 :icon_teeth: Hopefully I can build one next year..

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

bobzwik

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 pm

RAGE!!!!!

I still cant connect my PC to the internet, because we havent moved the other computer yet. We havent moved the other computer yet, because we havent thrown away another computer yet. we havent thrown away another computer yet because it takes an eternity to back-up the stuff on it. theres about 50 different folders to copy to our other computer, but for some reason, that old computer cant handle file names with strange symbols. So when we copy, it gets an error when it gets to a unrecognizable file name, and we have to start that folder over again.

Some thing that should have lasted 1 hour max lasted all day.

Then something else thats slowing me down. My sister has been arguing that I shouldnt have the large screen (the only screen in the house that fits into my computer). She doesnt want me to have the most practical desk for my computer, and she doesnt want me to have the comfy chair I bought 4 years ago.

Very annoying brat.

thats all I have to say.

I SHALL RULEZ!
    ImageImage

<<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:59 pm

bobzwik wrote:RAGE!!!!!

I still cant connect my PC to the internet, because we havent moved the other computer yet. We havent moved the other computer yet, because we havent thrown away another computer yet. we havent thrown away another computer yet because it takes an eternity to back-up the stuff on it. theres about 50 different folders to copy to our other computer, but for some reason, that old computer cant handle file names with strange symbols. So when we copy, it gets an error when it gets to a unrecognizable file name, and we have to start that folder over again.

Some thing that should have lasted 1 hour max lasted all day.

Then something else thats slowing me down. My sister has been arguing that I shouldnt have the large screen (the only screen in the house that fits into my computer). She doesnt want me to have the most practical desk for my computer, and she doesnt want me to have the comfy chair I bought 4 years ago.

Very annoying brat.

thats all I have to say.

Do you have a router? if so, just copy it over the network... So you can do it over night and you can use the internet on both PCs

BTW..Your sister sounds exactly like my younger brother..

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

bobzwik

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:57 pm

yeah, i have a router, and thats what im doing. but for some odd reason, when a file with a "à" (or something else) gets sent over the network, one of the 2 computers changes that symbol for an "_". So then the other computer cant find it, and the error pops up. we then have to stop the transfer, find the file manually, change its name to something normal, then restart the transfer.

ANYWAYS, that has been done, computers have been moved, and right now, im on my PC, on the internet!

WOOT!!

by the way, atm, i have the free AVAST anti-virus. Is that a good one? my father can get me a McAfee license for free from his work. should i bother, or stay with AVAST?

I SHALL RULEZ!
    ImageImage

Previous

Return to PC Hardware