<<

ShaunK

Division: Battlefield 3

BF3 Soldier: Gojira_Fan_1

BF4 Soldier: Gojira_Fan_1

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:08 am

New Candidate - Gojira_Fan_1

Hello TKC,

I'll start off by saying thank you for still having a decent BF3 server that is populated...they are becoming more and more difficult to come by. As for the requisite questions...

1) What is your first name? - Shaun...and I prefer to go by Shaun in-game for those who are with me :-)
    2) Where do you live? - San Diego...though I'm here on 'business'. I'm originally from a small town in Pennsylvania called Hanover.
    3) What is your favorite PC game? - This is a tough one...I love me some BF3 for sure, but the Borderlands series has a huge place in my heart, as do Final Fantasy and Fallout...
    4) What is your all-time favorite movie? - This one is like choosing your favorite kid...but for me, I'd have to go with the original Jurassic Park. I was a dinosaur dork as a kid and that movie just changed my life when I saw it...I was 10 lol
    5) What kind of music/acts do you like? - Metal. The heavier the better. Gojira is my favorate artist currently, but if I had to pick an all-time favorite, it might be Metallica or Megadeth
    6) Do you play any sports? - Not on a regular basis, but I am a fan of the NFL and NBA
    7) Are you married? - Yes
    8) Do you have kids? - Yes, 2
    9) Where do you go to school? Went to high school in PA, got by BS in Computer Science from ECPI in VA Beach.
    10) What are your system specs? - Kinda outdated...I have a Sandy Bridge i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68 mobo, 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM, a Samsung EVO 850 240GB SSD (among multiple HDDs), and an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 770 FTW. Other notable items, I have a Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler (which might be the best thing on the market...love it!) and a Cooler Master HAF 920 full tower case. Logitech G15 keyboard and Performance MX mouse.

With that said, hey, thanks to DFire for the invite. Being married with 2 kids (and a job that is fuckin overkill) I don't get a lot of gaming time, but I'm always happy to interact with a group of like-minded gamers. Looking forward to chatting with everyone, and taking your dog tags in BF3 :-) Thanks again for the add!

Shaun

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:41 am

Re: New Candidate - Gojira_Fan_1

Hey man welcome.. I'm a little older than you since I was already an adult, in my 20's, when Jurassic Park came out, but it's good to have an older guy with kids in the clan. :)

I liked the movie but I had read the book so... you know what they say, hard for a movie to match a book, so I was a little disappointed. I noticed your primary division is set to Guild Wars 2? Was that just a mistake?

Anyway... welcome!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

DFire

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Steam Name: DFire2.1

BF3 Soldier: DFire2

BF4 Soldier: DFire2

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:56 am

Thanks Goj...Shaun for accepting my invite. Glad to see you here!

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3-1600
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950
    XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
    Rosewill THOR V2-W
    2x AOC 21.5" LCD Monitor
    Build Log HERE
    <<

cobra_86

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Welcome :)

<<

ShaunK

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks guys. T3 - I've read that book...oh man...a lot hahaha. I read it after seeing the movie though...probably my favorite book of all-time too. Also...yeah not sure about Guild Wars 2...I think the only game I actually play that the clan supports is BF3. I hop on BF4 once in a blue moon but I was so late getting into that game that I just get creamed all the time...kinda takes the fun out.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:18 am

I never bought BF4 because in the beta I was one of the lucky ones who was experiencing the CPU slam where it was always running at 100%. I think I put in 25 hours in the beta and they never fixed it so that's when I decided not to pre-order. Then when the game came out all I heard about were the problems so I didn't but it then either. EA ruins game developers. Truth.

One of the things about that movie that I didn't like was the fact that they left the best part of the book out in my opinion, when the raptors were luring the people to the fence/wall while other raptors were off at another part figuring out how to get out. I was really disappointed that wasn't in the movie. Plus, the book was more adult while the movie tried to appeal to a younger audience. Other than that.. it was a really good movie. :)

<<

ShaunK

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:39 am

BF4 for me is kinda hit or miss. I like what they tried to do with the field upgrades, bringing back Commander mode was cool, and adding the Chinese as a 3rd faction. Graphics are pretty lol. I just think it feels too different. And yeah, when it was released it was plagued with issues.

I've always wanted to see a JP mini series or sorts that is maybe 10-12 episodes and follows the book to a T. Of course there is a ton of dialogue/background information throughout the book, so those parts would be difficult, but I'm with you...there are so many awesome scenes in the book that never made it to the movie. I guess that's hollywood though.

I'm guessing you're not much of a BF3 guy? Or at least I don't recall seeing you..do you use the same name in-game?

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 am

I have over 1000 hours in BF3... but for the past.. over a year, I've been playing many different games. I just started playing BF3 again. :oo

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:34 am

A lot of us were playing other games, as T3 stated he has over 1K hours in the game, as many of us that used to play it. We tried other games, BF4 kind of hosed a lot of people, it is hit or miss, but we have a few people that play it regularly. Some of us are getting back into BF3, but probably just until the division is released (depending on the Beta). but we should move this conversation to another thread

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to New Member Candidate Welcome!