Knightwolf654

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 4

BF3 Soldier: knightwolf654

BF4 Soldier: knightwolf654

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 am

Re: Whats up!

the alcohol is non conductive and also has a lower freezing point the water so it allows the dry ice to turn from a solid into a liquid instead of skipping the liquid state and turning into a gas.
    and yes you can use a refrigerator compressor to cool your rig, this form of cooling allows for sub-zero temps on a 24/7 rig, you can either build them or buy them but they dont come cheap.
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6233/ ... tml?tl=g49

chilled cooling is almost the same but instead of the coolant go threw a radiator, it dumps into a reservoir tank which has the evaporator part of a air conditioner sitting in it.

i7 3930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Gigabyte R9 Fury X :icon_mrgreen:
    32gb ddr3-1866
    3x 27" LG IPS displays + 1 23" IPS display
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB
    Samsung 830 pro 256GB
    WD SE 2TB
    1200 watt Corsair PSU
    H100 water cooling
    8TB FreeNas Server
    <<

earth7man

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Whats up!

That's right, the water would freeze quickly, I noticed on your setup the insulation (cloth) around the ram and cpu obviously to prevent condensation and a possible short. The chilled cooling is nice because it sounds like you could use an existing water block and tubes and just provide a reservoir and cooler setup, maybe sacrifice the drive bay compartment area or add something on the bottom of the case like the "Cooler Express". That product is innovated enough, I never knew they got to that point.

This cooling stuff isn't just overkill but could possible extend the life (maybe indefinitely) of circuits. I know fiction whether electrical (Ohms) or physical tends to degrade everything, hence the search for superconductors. Thanks for the motivation to start thinking about this again, I was totally addicted to it at one time and let it go because a lot of the parts weren't available commercially. Now that I'm without a job I have some time to get involved in something.

Previous

Return to New Member Candidate Welcome!