<<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 am

Hi guys, I'm just startin'

Hey folks,

I've been playing BFBC2 since it came out, of and on (I just hit the 24 hours of gameplay mark). I'm new to clans but have played BF2 BF2142 and CODWAW all on pc, of course other fps's on console. I'm currently a student and NC State, majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration (so of course it makes sense I like playing with machines and using teamwork!).

I can't play for hours on end everyday but I do enjoy getting to play at least a couple days a week (and for a couple hours possibly when I play). I'm not great at it right now but I am trying to work on different aspects and be a well-rounded player.

I don't know how many of you are aware of the rivalry between UNC and Duke... I grew up in the middle of it. I may be at NC State but I am a die-hard UNC Tar Heel fan. My gamer name comes from their fight song with the lines at the finish going "I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred and when I die I'm a Tar Heel dead!". So in fact while my name may seem like I should be the dead one, it's just a fight song to take out the enemy.

1) What is your first name?
    2) Where do you live?
    3) What is your favorite PC game?
    4) What is your all-time favorite movie?
    5) What kind of music/acts do you like?
    6) Do you play any sports?
    7) Are you married?
    8) Do you have kids?
    9) Where do you go to school?
    10) What are your system specs?

1)Ben
    2)Raleigh, NC
    3)Need For Speed, the old ones
    4)James Bond, they all are great
    5)Country
    6)Basketball, football, golf, disc golf
    7)no
    8)no
    9)NC State University, Raleigh, NC
    10)Early 2008 Macbook Pro 15 inch, 4Gb ram upgrade otherwise

Ben

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 am

Re: Hi guys, I'm just startin'

Welcome. :)

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm

TarHeelDead wrote:10)Early 2008 Macbook Pro 15 inch, 4Gb ram upgrade otherwise

so are you using bootcamp to play BC2?

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 pm

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:

Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 Pro by way of boot camp. I can't max out the visual settings but it can handle the game fairly well (I don't care if I get over 30 fps because my eyes can't see the difference).

I had Vista Business on it ever since I purchased it and then around this past Christmas I upgraded to 7 Pro; gotta love cheap and/or freebie programs and operating systems because of being a college student!

I just split my internal hard drive into two partitions, upgraded Leopard to Snow Leopard and have Windows 7 Pro. It's quite a nice set up with all the configuration possibilities I need for now and all in a sleek laptop. As a college student, portability reigns over pure extreme gaming power but I always use an external mouse when gaming and have a 500 Gb external firewire drive since a 200 Gb internal hard drive can hold enough games :)

Oh, and in case any one want to see, here's the link to my laptop's complete specs: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP4
    As mentioned, I upgraded ram to 4 Gb and use a Laser cordless mouse along with an additional 500 Gb external hard drive (firewire 400) so my internal drive doesn't get overfilled and hurt performance.

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

cobra_86

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Welcome :)

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 am

TarHeelDead wrote:

Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 Pro by way of boot camp. I can't max out the visual settings but it can handle the game fairly well (I don't care if I get over 30 fps because my eyes can't see the difference).

I had Vista Business on it ever since I purchased it and then around this past Christmas I upgraded to 7 Pro; gotta love cheap and/or freebie programs and operating systems because of being a college student!

I just split my internal hard drive into two partitions, upgraded Leopard to Snow Leopard and have Windows 7 Pro. It's quite a nice set up with all the configuration possibilities I need for now and all in a sleek laptop. As a college student, portability reigns over pure extreme gaming power but I always use an external mouse when gaming and have a 500 Gb external firewire drive since a 200 Gb internal hard drive can hold enough games :)

Oh, and in case any one want to see, here's the link to my laptop's complete specs: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP4
    As mentioned, I upgraded ram to 4 Gb and use a Laser cordless mouse along with an additional 500 Gb external hard drive (firewire 400) so my internal drive doesn't get overfilled and hurt performance.

nice. I'm stuck with a crappy HP single-core PC so I won't be seeing you in BC2 anytime soon. lol. I play Half Life 2 Deathmatch every now and then.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:nice. I'm stuck with a crappy HP single-core PC so I won't be seeing you in BC2 anytime soon. lol. I play Half Life 2 Deathmatch every now and then.

Ahh, I see. I've tried HL2DM a while back for about a week and then I just couldn't take the randomness anymore. Maybe I just got on bad servers but I even got on one where they modded the walls to be, uhhh, extremely graphic but nothing to do with fighting... I quickly exited the game and never have tried to play again. I didn't try to go and see that stuff, especially while playing a video game I got for free through steam!

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:29 pm

TarHeelDead wrote: Maybe I just got on bad servers but I even got on one where they modded the walls to be, uhhh, extremely graphic but nothing to do with fighting... I quickly exited the game and never have tried to play again.

LOL you definitely just got on a bad server...i've never seen one like that. :icon_surprised:

ImageImage
    <<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 pm

TarHeelDead wrote: Maybe I just got on bad servers but I even got on one where they modded the walls to be, uhhh, extremely graphic but nothing to do with fighting... I quickly exited the game and never have tried to play again.

LOL you definitely just got on a bad server...i've never seen one like that. :icon_surprised:

Welcome,
    Ive seen one like that, where they modded the walls so you can hang on them, it was really weird.

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 pm

ME. wrote:Ive seen one like that, where they modded the walls so you can hang on them, it was really weird.

I'm not sure if you got the innuendo I meant: the walls had naked women all over them as the surface of the walls... and there was still fighting going on.

(I'm not sure what filters there are on this forum so I don't know how descriptive I can say it)

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:39 am

TarHeelDead wrote:
    ME. wrote:Ive seen one like that, where they modded the walls so you can hang on them, it was really weird.

I'm not sure if you got the innuendo I meant: the walls had naked women all over them as the surface of the walls... and there was still fighting going on.

(I'm not sure what filters there are on this forum so I don't know how descriptive I can say it)

haha I knew immediately what you meant. :icon_talk:

ImageImage
    <<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:27 am

Hm.......what was the name of this server again? lol jk jk xD -sucks at hldm very badly-

<<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 am

TarHeelDead wrote:

haha I knew immediately what you meant. :icon_talk:

oh..lmfao, i just skimmed thru it when i read it before, now i see what you said, sorry xD
    I dont know how but i read something else...

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

theazninvasion68

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Welcome :) Nice to have ya' here.

Non timebo millia populi circumdantis me

Return to New Member Candidate Welcome!