Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am

Re: A TKC Thanksgiving Event!

Hey guys..

I ask that on Weds you try to show up on time as it looks like there will be a pretty good turn out and we'll not want to get started late. After all, it is still the night before Thanksgiving and some of us with wives will be wanting to help around the house. That means, my family is coming over on Thanksgiving, meaning I have some cleaning to do. :icon_mad_7:

Anyway, the sooner we have enough players to start, we will. Of course if you can't make it until later, that is ok too. I know some of you might not be able to join right from the start and that's not a problem. But be aware, I plan to start the competition part of the evening about an hour to an hour and a half into the night so if you can't be there from the start, try to get on ASAP.

L4D2 is a 4 player co-op, that means that you'll only be able to play with 3 other members at a time. That's just the way it is. If you have guys you want to play with, by all means team up, otherwise we will probably figure it all out on the fly. No one will play alone at any point. We can run 3 player teams if we have to, to make sure everyone has a buddy or two. The night is about fun and playing together, expect some craziness and unscripted stuff to happen. That's the way it always turns out.

One last thing...

Once we've teamed up and split into groups to run campaigns, there will be L4D2 sub channels available. We'll want each team to split into their own L4D2 Teamspeak sub-channel so that teams can communicate effectively (without 15 people trying to talk at once) so no one gets eaten by zombies. :icon_zombie: :icon_zombie: :icon_zombie: :icon_zombie:

When the clan leaders need to communicate something to individual groups (such as the competition starting) we will be able to whisper the sub-channels to let everyone know what's going on. If you are interested in setting up your own whisper hotkeys in Teamspeak, check out this older how-to video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pne1oSEdrqw

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

DMPCo

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Steam Name: DMPCo

BF3 Soldier: DMPCo

BF4 Soldier: DMPCo

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 am

i was hoping i was going to be able to play tonight as i have not been part of a clan gathering in some time but i will not be able too. i do wish everyone a very happy thanksgiving and good playing tonight :icon_happy_7:

a GAMING PC is BUILT not BOUGHT!
    <<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Sorry You couldn't make it DMP, it was fun, we kept it pretty short and sweet to keep everyone's attention but it was a decent turn out, we hope to have similar events more often like we used to do. BFBC2 server raids were kinda fun back in the day, as was wed HL2DM CTF. and Sat Nights on T3's HL2DM server.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    Previous

Return to General Discussion