FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Clan Organization

<<

Substance_D

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:52 am

Clan Organization

Most people have a specific preference to the games they play. Some like HL2DM, some like L4D, COD4, etc. I also understand that many TKC admins play exclusively on one game, very rarely switching to another. This causes a huge recruitment headache. I understand that T3 is a very busy person who has a lot of responsibility, and as such, it is very difficult for him to meet HL2DM candidates. I suggest that TKC reorganizes its recruitment policy. It would be a lot easier for clan members, candidates, and admins alike if recruitment for a specific game was decided by those admins who play the most on said game. For example (not an endorsement by me, just a sample), Dont Hurt Me plays mostly on HL2DM, so he might be one of the admins for HL2DM to approve new clan members. I believe this will take a lot of stress off of the higher up admins who have a lot of other things to do, as well as lessen candidate frustration.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Clan Organization

Well, all the clan leaders can play, and do, on more than one game. I personally haven't played on HL2DM for a few months because i'm busy. The thing is, we have CTF every weds night. I'm always there. That is a great chance for candidates go get their final approval. Another way is by posting on this forum. I don't see the candidates doing that enough. It's a very easy way to get known and for us to get to know them.

In the past our membership requirements were non-existent and we got some members who were next to useless as far as membership goes. It's important that we limit the amount of people who can approve or we might end up with a bunch more members we end up having to kick out. That's no offense to the admins who i'm sure would mostly approve good members, but we can't have that many people approving or we wouldn't have any idea what was going on or who certain people were.

That being said let me tell everyone this right now...

If you think someone is a good candidate but all they ever do is play on our sniper servers with no interest in anything else, they aren't a good candidate. Gone are the days of being in the clan and only ever playing on Flem or Squids server. This clan is about friendship and socializing by participating in our events such as CTF. If someone doesn't have an interest in the forums, or CTF, or whatever we might plan in the future, they aren't going to get into the clan.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Substance_D

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm

unfortunately for me, I work every single Wednesday night during the ctf hours. I enjoy ctf very much, and i wish i could play more often. If there was another date, like on the weekend, I would love to join.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Hey... PM me. I just sent you a PM.

Look up under logo... it says.. (1 new messages)

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:14 pm

There was actually a thread started today about adding a weekend CTF once a month so it might actually happen.

<<

EyeRock

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 am

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:There was actually a thread started today about adding a weekend CTF once a month so it might actually happen.

Oh my so once a week is not enough for you guys to whoop my ass ..you have to go and add one more date once a month on top off once a week...
    *Ill just send you my phone number and you can call and get to know me there :icon_rolleyes:

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 am

EyeRock wrote:
    (TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:There was actually a thread started today about adding a weekend CTF once a month so it might actually happen.

Oh my so once a week is not enough for you guys to whoop my ass ..you have to go and add one more date once a month on top off once a week...
    *Ill just send you my phone number and you can call and get to know me there :icon_rolleyes:

You are under no obligation to play on this extra day or any day. If you can make it sometimes that's probably good enough because you post on the forums and are an active member. I certainly wouldn't want to force someone to do something they aren't enjoying.

<<

(TKC) Stugots

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:24 am

Substance_D wrote:unfortunately for me, I work every single Wednesday night during the ctf hours. I enjoy ctf very much, and i wish i could play more often. If there was another date, like on the weekend, I would love to join.

Sub_D, I was aware that you work on Wednesday night's and couldn't attend the CTF scrimmages. We are in the process of creating another scimmage day that will probably be sometime during the weekend. I will keep you informed.

EyeRock wrote:

I take it you are being sarcastic Eye. I'm hoping you can still attend our Wednesday night scrimmage and hopefully the other one we create as well. I'm not the best player either and it is all about trying to get the clan together and just have some fun.

<<

ghost

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:42 am

Hi,if someone could help em download ctf it would be really awsome9Plase help me)

<<

DonJuan

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:13 am

ghost wrote:Hi,if someone could help em download ctf it would be really awsome9Plase help me)

If you look on the CTF website where you download the mod from there is an instructions link on the right that tells you step by step how to get it installed. Just follow the instructions exactly as they say and you'll be good to go.

<<

EyeRock

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 am

ghost wrote:Hi,if someone could help em download ctf it would be really awsome9Plase help me)

Here you go Gost ... Let me know if you need help from there on and see you this wednesday 8pm central time ..
    Download the mod http://www.cashworks.org/files/hl2ctf/h ... 1_full.exe
    2. Shut down Steam (Very important)
    3. Double-click the hl2ctf_full.exe installer you downloaded.
    4. Verify the location of your SourceMods folder.<<<<<<<< you just click okay if it looks right... it will be
    5. Click Install and overwrite all files.
    6. Run Steam

Return to General Discussion