Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Our Server Rules

Guys I'm going to post our server rules, straight from our Server Admin Handbook. I want everyone to know what the server admins are looking for so there is no confusion. Obviously a non-server admin can not kick/ban and whatnot, but I wanted you to see what is expect of a server admin. Thanks.

Profanity Many of the games we play have very bad language, some don't, that should make a difference in how we enforce our rules. For that reason we are going to implement a new rule, which will seem strange at first, but there is reason behind it. Bad language will only be tolerated on Teamspeak channels for games where there is bad language in the game. In other words, since there is bad language in Bad Company 2, bad language will be acceptable in the Bad Company 2 Teamspeak channel and on the Bad Company 2 servers. On our Half-Life 2 DM Teamspeak channel and game server, bad language will not be allowed. Future games will also be handled in this manner. The reason, we do not want to exclude members with different beliefs. If I buy a game and one of the selling points for me was the fact that it did not have bad language, that should be respected. I do not want a father or grandfather having to explain bad language to their children or grandchildren because they heard profanity on a TKC Teamspeak channel they thought was free of such things.

How to deal with with Mic/Text spammers. No one wants to listen to a lot of unrelated chatter either on the game server, or Teamspeak. No one wants to see a lot of text spamming either. It's distracting to some, and in the case of Bad Company 2, causes lag problems when the text log gets too long. If someone is talking or typing too much, respectfully ask them to stop. If they continue, you may have to mute or kick them, and if they continue after that, a ban might be in order. When on Teamspeak, a certain amount of "visiting" is fine, but the gamers who want to communicate tactical information to others playing shouldn't have to constantly interrupt talk about the latest CPU, or talk of what's going on at school. If someone is talking too much and you don't feel like you want to address it, PM a clan leader and we can handle the situation.

Team Switching In some games this is a big no-no and if you are admin for one of those games, ask the player to go back, if they don't and you have the ability, move them back manually. If you continue to have problems, kick/ban them. In other games, like Bad Company 2, team switching usually isn't as big a deal. Sometimes friends or clan members might want to play together, in that case, try to facilitate them and swap some people around. This will show you to be respectful of community and they will probably be very appreciative of your efforts. If there is a mass exodus of people from a bad team to a good team, you can mention in-game that people need to stop. If someone is ignoring you and continues to unbalance the teams, just kick them off the server. For a game like Half-Life 2, teams change after each round, so trying to put clan members together is just a waste of time, that is why team switching is considered bad.

Hacking/Cheating This is the most overused excuse for kicking someone off of a server. Players are unjustly booted off servers all the time simply because they were too good. That is not fair. Do not base a decision on cheating on a single round, if it isn't really ridiculous score-wise, sometimes people just have great rounds. But if they continue to have an unbelievable K/D ratio, then you might need to ban them. Sometimes it might be necessary to ban someone just because they are killing the server. For me, this is the thing I hate to do the most. That person might be doing nothing wrong, other than being really good at a game. Try to put yourself in their shoes and only ban guys who are really obvious. I don't want to see anyone being banned for an aimbot because they went 29-0. I and many others have had a better score than that, it DOES happen. You have to consider how the person is playing the game. Are they playing as recon? Are they in the heli with a really good pilot? Sometimes, if you are unsure, it might be best to ask the opinion of a clan leader. Remember, visitors to our servers have the ability and a forum to complain about unjust behavior from our server admins. If someone complains about you, you want to know that you did everything by the book.

With the addition of pbscreens.com, it has become very easy to get Punkbuster screenshots of players as they play on our servers. If you are suspicious of a player and they don't have any screenshots on pbscreens.com, force a screenshot using Procon. Wait about 5-10 minutes and if it doesn't appear, try again. If you can't seem to force a screenshot, check cheat-o-meter, metabans and any other resources to back you up, then ban the player. Using "Hack/Cheating" as your reason for the ban because they are using a Punkbuster screenshot blocker a known cheat mode for the better cheats out there.

Names We will not allow names that are offensive to anyone. I think we can all use our best judgement here, but if you are unsure, ask another admin what they think of the name and come to a consensus before taking action. Players using racist names should be perm banned immediately. It does no good talking to someone like that because they're only goal is to cause trouble.

Banter and Trash Talking Now its okay to joke around, but if several players are going at it constantly on the mic or in chat just nicely ask them to stop. If it continues warn them again that if they don't stop they will be kicked, if for no other reason that mic/text spamming. If they ignore this warning then go ahead and kick them. A certain amount of this is fine as long as it's good natured, however sometimes this can lead to hard feelings so you have to use your best judgement of when something is going too far or things are starting to get out of hand.

Racist/intolerant behavior This is a subject that we will show no mercy on. If someone is being a racist, and that means they are hating on blacks, whites, browns, yellows, whatever the case may be, they get perm banned. No warnings, no kicks, just ban them. We don't need that kind of intolerant behavior on our servers. I don't care if the person is joking, I don't care what his real intent was, if he's spewing hate speech, he's gone. This also applies to someone who is spewing hate speech against a group of people, like Muslims, Christians, agnostics, atheists whoever. We are a gaming clan. This is our hobby and it's supposed to be fun. Everyone who comes to a TKC server should be respected and able to play the game hassle free. Not everyone believes the same, and if someone can't get over it and comes to our server with an agenda that includes racist or intolerant speech, I expect you guys to bring the hammer down swiftly.

Metabans We will use Metabans only for cheaters and will verify each ban using Cheat-O-Meter. This will ensure that we are not forcing our Metabans followers into banning players we have banned for breaking rules other than cheating. If we deem you are cheating and Cheat-O-Meter doesn't really indicate cheating and we can not find information about you or your clan tag, meaning there is no website or previous information on you as a player or clan that we can cross reference, we will ban you on our servers, but not Metabans. Clans must have a website that we can find and access to be considered legit, otherwise we will view your tags as hogwash and your suspect behavior will be deemed as cheating. Again, we will not add a ban that is not supported by Cheat-O-Meter to Metabans.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Drezzik

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Our Server Rules

Thank you T, was in need of this.

One point I may counter is the one converning cheating. Unless you can obviously see cheat-like character traits or checking their stats results in a stark difference to ability shown then maybe. But having an entire evening of owning face, in my opinion, shouldn't get you banned. Punkbuster picks up most blatant cheating anyway?

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 mobo / intel core i7/2600k @ 4.7 / Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz / XFX 6870 Black Edition crossfired / WD Caviar Black 1TB / Corsair HX1050w / Coolermaster 690II Adv case

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Yeah PB DOES pick up most of it...but it can take weeks to kick in.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 pm

nila. don't you have access to the server admin forums? I'll go ahead and post this here for all members to see and use if they like...

http://www.team-des-fra.fr/html/cheat-a ... ?p=COMP556

Just punch in a name of someone you think might be cheating and take a look. Or type in your own name to see what it looks like for regular non-cheating players.

<<

country_boy454

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Tom Clancys The Division

Steam Name: plumbrokezj318

BF3 Soldier: PlumBroke318

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:nila. don't you have access to the server admin forums? I'll go ahead and post this here for all members to see and use if they like...

http://www.team-des-fra.fr/html/cheat-a ... ?p=COMP556

Just punch in a name of someone you think might be cheating and take a look. Or type in your own name to see what it looks like for regular non-cheating players.

Been using that site for fun looking up random people from our clan, in game, myself. Very good site indeed!

CPU: i7 5930k 4.7GHz MOBO:Asus X99-E WSRam:G.Skill DDR4 2666 32gbGPU:SLI'd EVGA GTX 980tiPSU:EVGA 220-T2-1600-X1HDD:500gb Raid 0 850 EVO SSDs, 5tb Toshiba 128mb cacheCase:Lian Li PC-D666WRXDisplay:32" Samsung, (2) Acer S231HL Cooling:Corsair H100i GTX, 12 BGears 120mm PWM fans
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks for the link T. it's a good one. :)

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 pm

I have added a new note in the Hacking/Cheating section. It's in a slightly lighter font color and concerns Punkbuster screenshot blockers.

Return to General Discussion