(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:17 pm

what should i tell them

I have a good freind , he is 27 and his girl freind is 25 , they are going to the same university full time for 3 years now . Yesterday his girl freind told him that she' s pregnant , so now they don't know what to do 'cause he's not working and he's living with his mom , they even think about ( abortion ) and i don't like that . Now they would like me to give them an idea . First : i am not in there position , second : it is not my life , i can't reall know there feeling . So now what do i tell them ,they ask me for help . :icon_eyes: :icon_eyes: :

<<

tpresnall

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: what should i tell them

Wow B-Man... that's a heavy thing for them to lay on you!! But... if you're asking....My advice is not to punish the fetus by aborting it. A BEATING heart starts after 2 days. LIFE is PRECIOUS... can you think of anything that is MORE precious ?...(me neither). A child will give them both continuous joy, and love for the rest of their life. This NEW HUMAN life... this new GIFT..., should not be distroyed out of CONVENIENCE. ASK THEM,..... what IF THEIR PARENTS had ABORTED THEM as children :icon_question: It's a LOT TO think about... but abortion shouldn't even enter their minds. SAVE THE BABY HUMANS. Giving it up for ADOPTION to a couple who would LOVE IT FOREVER ,and can't have a children would be a blessing of them. Please have them consider this FIRST :icon_exclaim: Pajamas

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:05 pm

I would say the same thing too, i don't like abortion but you know they are young and they want to be lawers they think a knew baby will blow up their career . :icon_happy:

so
    tpresnall wrote:Wow B-Man... that's a heavy thing for them to lay on you!! But... if you're asking....My advice is not to punish the fetus by aborting it. A BEATING heart starts after 2 days. LIFE is PRECIOUS... can you think of anything that is MORE precious ?...(me neither). A child will give them both continuous joy, and love for the rest of their life. This NEW HUMAN life... this new GIFT..., should not be distroyed out of CONVENIENCE. ASK THEM,..... what IF THEIR PARENTS had ABORTED THEM as children :icon_question: It's a LOT TO think about... but abortion shouldn't even enter their minds. SAVE THE BABY HUMANS. Giving it up for ADOPTION to a couple who would LOVE IT FOREVER ,and can't have a children would be a blessing of them. Please have them consider this FIRST :icon_exclaim: Pajamas

<<

tpresnall

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 pm

brownman350 wrote:I would say the same thing too, i don't like abortion but you know they are young and they want to be lawers they think a knew baby will blow up their career . :icon_happy:

so
    tpresnall wrote:Wow B-Man... that's a heavy thing for them to lay on you!! But... if you're asking....My advice is not to punish the fetus by aborting it. A BEATING heart starts after 2 days. LIFE is PRECIOUS... can you think of anything that is MORE precious ?...(me neither). A child will give them both continuous joy, and love for the rest of their life. This NEW HUMAN life... this new GIFT..., should not be distroyed out of CONVENIENCE. ASK THEM,..... what IF THEIR PARENTS had ABORTED THEM as children :icon_question: It's a LOT TO think about... but abortion shouldn't even enter their minds. SAVE THE BABY HUMANS. Giving it up for ADOPTION to a couple who would LOVE IT FOREVER ,and can't have a children would be a blessing of them. Please have them consider this FIRST :icon_exclaim: Pajamas

They think it would blow THEIR CAREER.... WHAT about the Child's CAREER?? Tell them NOT TO THINK of THEMSELVES ONLY!!!!!! Talk about SELFISH!!! PJ's

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:14 pm

They will be with me tonight i'll talk to them ,boiut the baby's life also. :icon_happy:

tpresnall wrote:
    brownman350 wrote:I would say the same thing too, i don't like abortion but you know they are young and they want to be lawers they think a knew baby will blow up their career . :icon_happy:

so

They think it would blow THEIR CAREER.... WHAT about the Child's CAREER?? Tell them NOT TO THINK of THEMSELVES ONLY!!!!!! Talk about SELFISH!!! PJ's

<<

DonJuan

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 am

I agree with PJ's. Honestly, they should try keeping the baby, like he said, you never know what it's like to have a child until you really have one. It's one of the most rewarding, hardest life experiences ever. It's not easy, granted, but you can never get the same amount of joy from anything else. If they do decide that they don't won't to keep the baby, there are other alternatives to abortion as PJ's mentioned. They could put the baby up for adoption as soon as it's born. Or, there are a lot of people looking for people who are in that very same situation. They could find a couple looking for a baby, and work out a deal to where the couple would cover the medical expenses and would take the baby immediately after birth. They could even find a couple that would allow them to keep up with the child through the years and keep in touch so that they're not completely cut off. There's a lot of options out there to look in to.

<<

monitor2x

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 am

I think they're both old enough and should know already what to do "IF THEY ARE BOTH MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE", if they are that, I'm sure they are going to HAVE the baby, and put a pause to their careers (may be not necessary), the guy should put his pans on and get a job, he has time to do that, same with the girl.

Many people struggle to have a baby, many even don't know they can't once they're married which becomes very frustrating and very sad, but these people that were given their biggest gift of all are thinking in probably destroy it or don't know what to do? common this pisses me off.

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:34 am

Sad story Brownman.. I'm in agreement with PJ's also... Suck it up, have the child, love him/her, or give him/here up for adoption... then there is this new revolutionary concept called planned parent hood.. Use birth-control.. tends to prevent these types of conundrums.. at least 99.9 percent of the time..until you "think" you are ready to have children.. notice I said "think".. I don't know of many people who's lives have been perfectly planned out..you have an idea of what you want and what direction you would like to go then you deal with what life hands you in the best way you possibly can.. Obviously it's their decision on whether or not to have the child or have an abortion.. but since they were "Careless" in preventing such.. they should take responsibility and have and raise the child to the best of their ability.. Just my two cents..

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    <<

kingloser

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:12 am

ok im not usually political but heres what i think. b4 i begin this rant ill say that i am anti abortion but that will not change what im gonna say. I believe that u need to tell them that this is their decision and they shouldnt accept one iota of advice concerning this besides that little tidbit u just gave them. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion. Of course u could just say well what happened if ur parents aborted u. well obviously nothing becuase u wouldnt be here to be part of this conversation. accidents happen and im not ashamed to say thats why im here. i would be willing to bet alot of u are here for the same reasons. the whole planned parenthood and contraceptives argument is somewhat moot because the only for of 100% sure form of birth control is abstinence. however i know someone who went off her birth control in a semi attempt to have a baby, then went back on after deciding she wanted to go back to school and get her life in better order. despite both birth control and condoms she ended up pregnant a couple months later. so despite the closest to 100% birth control besides the abstinence it still happened. Now adoption is a great option and i would personally prefer that more people take that option over abortion but we have to remember that this is not our body its hers, so who are we to tell them how to treat it. Think of this as a worst case scenario. Say the decide to not abort but give it up for adoption or maybe even keep it. Then while giving birth she dies. So are you now the one who says which life is more important? I for one would not wanna tell someone that their life wasnt worth someone elses. Could u look your daughter/wife/sister/friend in the face and tell them that they should die so that a baby could live? Now im not saying thats gonna happen, thats why i said worst case scenario.

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:52 am

You know i have two girls the first is 7 years and the second one is two but they were premature baby . the second one had only six months when my wife gave birth to her , she was really small that's why she spent four months at the hospital and my freinds saw her , so tonight when they have seen her again they have been really surprise and it is like they are open to change their mind , i invited the father of my church to talk to them and he is the one who talk about the abortion not her but i know he loves her and he is ready to do any thing for her , we talk alone and he even told me that he would like to know the sensation to hold your baby in your arms , after he left my house he suppose to talk about it ot his mom who's a catholic like me , for me that means they gonna keep the baby . i'll let you know the rest of the situation 'cause we have to talk tomorrow . :icon_angel: :icon_angel: :icon_angel: :icon_angel: :icon_angel: :icon_angel: :icon_angel:

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Her decision is the final one, but in my opinion she should go through and give birth to the baby, and if she doesn't want him/her, she can put him/her up for adoption.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:51 pm

kingloser wrote:ok im not usually political but heres what i think. b4 i begin this rant ill say that i am anti abortion but that will not change what im gonna say. I believe that u need to tell them that this is their decision and they shouldnt accept one iota of advice concerning this besides that little tidbit u just gave them. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion. Of course u could just say well what happened if ur parents aborted u. well obviously nothing becuase u wouldnt be here to be part of this conversation. accidents happen and im not ashamed to say thats why im here. i would be willing to bet alot of u are here for the same reasons. the whole planned parenthood and contraceptives argument is somewhat moot because the only for of 100% sure form of birth control is abstinence. however i know someone who went off her birth control in a semi attempt to have a baby, then went back on after deciding she wanted to go back to school and get her life in better order. despite both birth control and condoms she ended up pregnant a couple months later. so despite the closest to 100% birth control besides the abstinence it still happened. Now adoption is a great option and i would personally prefer that more people take that option over abortion but we have to remember that this is not our body its hers, so who are we to tell them how to treat it. Think of this as a worst case scenario. Say the decide to not abort but give it up for adoption or maybe even keep it. Then while giving birth she dies. So are you now the one who says which life is more important? I for one would not wanna tell someone that their life wasnt worth someone elses. Could u look your daughter/wife/sister/friend in the face and tell them that they should die so that a baby could live? Now im not saying thats gonna happen, thats why i said worst case scenario.

I disagree almost completely. While I do not believe that it is wrong to abort in the instance of probable death to the mother, I don't think the idea that 'its her body so she gets final say' floats at all. Who is speaking for the body of the child? If someone kills another how is that justified? The baby is alive but totally dependent on the mother to sustain it. Where is the mothers responsibility to maintain such a precious thing? Why is it ok to kill another human simply because of an inconvenience? To me its just unbelievable that abortion is still an option when there are alternatives like adoption. My sister had to wait years to adopt because of the long line of people waiting, exactly why in the world is killing a baby an option when there are those waiting to accept the baby and love it and give it the best chance at a happy life as possible? We treat our pets better than that.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

tpresnall

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 pm

kingloser wrote:ok im not usually political but heres what i think. b4 i begin this rant ill say that i am anti abortion but that will not change what im gonna say. I believe that u need to tell them that this is their decision and they shouldnt accept one iota of advice concerning this besides that little tidbit u just gave them. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion. Of course u could just say well what happened if ur parents aborted u. well obviously nothing becuase u wouldnt be here to be part of this conversation. accidents happen and im not ashamed to say thats why im here. i would be willing to bet alot of u are here for the same reasons. the whole planned parenthood and contraceptives argument is somewhat moot because the only for of 100% sure form of birth control is abstinence. however i know someone who went off her birth control in a semi attempt to have a baby, then went back on after deciding she wanted to go back to school and get her life in better order. despite both birth control and condoms she ended up pregnant a couple months later. so despite the closest to 100% birth control besides the abstinence it still happened. Now adoption is a great option and i would personally prefer that more people take that option over abortion but we have to remember that this is not our body its hers, so who are we to tell them how to treat it. Think of this as a worst case scenario. Say the decide to not abort but give it up for adoption or maybe even keep it. Then while giving birth she dies. So are you now the one who says which life is more important? I for one would not wanna tell someone that their life wasnt worth someone elses. Could u look your daughter/wife/sister/friend in the face and tell them that they should die so that a baby could live? Now im not saying thats gonna happen, thats why i said worst case scenario.

What's with the "WHAT IF... WHAT IF.... WHAT IF... Gads kido...Even if she DIED in child birth, at least she is honored by someone (the baby) for the continuation of "giving LIFE," and granting another person the gift of life."What if" the baby turns into the person who later discovers a cure for CANCER... or the person who ends World hunger! Anyone can come up with a scenario of "what IF's." If you're Anti-abortion.. why waver from your beliefs :icon_question: ???????? :icon_duh: PJ's...King.. how many kids did you say you had?? And No one should tell another that they are going to die in childbirth (where did that come I TOTALLY missed the point you were trying to make)?

<<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Brownman, you should respect the couple who are interested in your opinion -- but you should not convince them one way or another of making a life-choice; its their lives. If they truly respected you -- and themselves -- they would understand your position to remain ambivalent.

Fallacious points aside, its a woman's right to chose -- and dont think they won't struggle with the choice they'll make. Again, whatever religious/political belief you have, refrain from that position and just support the couple in whatever option they make -- everything will work itself out.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Gobbles wrote:Brownman, you should respect the couple who are interested in your opinion -- but you should not convince them one way or another of making a life-choice; its their lives. If they truly respected you -- and themselves -- they would understand your position to remain ambivalent.

Fallacious points aside, its a woman's right to chose -- and dont think they won't struggle with the choice they'll make. Again, whatever religious/political belief you have, refrain from that position and just support the couple in whatever option they make -- everything will work itself out.

And if I choose to kill you because i decide it's what's best for me? Or, lets make it more relevant, what if your mom decided right now that she'd rather not have to deal with you any more and decided to 'off' you? Why is this any different? Because you're older now? Because you can sustain life on the outside of her womb?

Most who believe in a religion don't put that aside because it is bigger than either you, or some pregnant woman and her 'choice'. If Brownman has strong beliefs then all he can do is share them and if they choose to ignore that, then there is nothing he can do and should just move on with life.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    Next

Return to General Discussion