FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Hello from PCGN/COWA! Looking for a scrim?

<<

Fire488

Steam Name: Fire488

BF3 Soldier: Fire488

Post Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Hello from PCGN/COWA! Looking for a scrim?

Hello,
    I am Scott (Fire488). I am co-owner of PC-Gamers.net or PCGN and our resident clan Can Of Whoop Ass! [COWA]. We are a gaming community/ clan that has been in existence since 1998. Most of our COWA members are still with us. Our gaming community has about 4000 members that consist of many clans and members that are looking for the best PC gaming has to offer.
    Our clan enjoys scrimming in various games in a competitive, friendly environment. We like it on the lighter side and enjoy our competitions with other clans that share the same qualities that we enjoy. We are all friendsā€™ first, gamers second. No trash talking, no BS, etc.
    We are looking to find clans that can put a team together to scrim with on a regular basis. We have been scrimming on BF BC2 lately and really enjoy that game. We can do 16 v 16 in any mode, but if 16 player teams is too much then let me know what you can do. Should be a blast and some good, clean fun.
    Steam: fire1808
    XFire: fire1808

<<

val3ntin3

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Battlefield 3

BF3 Soldier: VAl3ntin3xxx

Post Fri May 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Hello from PCGN/COWA! Looking for a scrim?

i'd be down if someone wants to put a team together

get pink! Join the Val3ntin3 Revolution!
    <<

earth7man

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Sounds awesome, just what we need. Although rounding up players in this clan is like herding cats.

<<

Fire488

Post Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Hey guys nice to hear from you. We can do any roster size up to 16 v 16. See what you can put together.

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm

for sure we can do it lets hammer out all the details of when, which servers and what type you wanna do.

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Looking for a couple of Volunteers to head this up, Lets keep this to a realistic roster Probably no more than 8, if we have more people say they can do it, then of course bump it up. I will preface this with, if you Volunteer to participate, make sure you are available to play. I know for myself, I'm not available until after 7pm EDT most days. I will not be available at all for most of June. This looks like a good opportunity to have some good fun and friendly competition.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    <<

Fire488

Post Sat May 07, 2011 1:38 am

I will be watching this post to see if this will happen. nice to see the responses. Friendly scrims are really fun.

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 am

o yes well if we do 8v8 we best 3 out of 5 which we could do 2 full rounds of rush 2 defenses and 2 attacks, than do 2 conquests. 1 set on your servers and 1 set on ours and if we are tied at that point do a 4v4 squad rush or sqdm to decide the winner. and i am willing to do it but i need to know when (date and time) for others so i know if it works or not.

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Sat May 07, 2011 7:34 am

I'm interested, my only problem will be I work a LOT. :icon_razz:

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

Fire488

Post Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 am

Dragonrage217 wrote:o yes well if we do 8v8 we best 3 out of 5 which we could do 2 full rounds of rush 2 defenses and 2 attacks, than do 2 conquests. 1 set on your servers and 1 set on ours and if we are tied at that point do a 4v4 squad rush or sqdm to decide the winner. and i am willing to do it but i need to know when (date and time) for others so i know if it works or not.

sounds a bit much although not out of the question. How about 3 maps, only attackers can win the map by destroying all mcoms, defense cannot win, if tied going into map 3 it becomes a conquest map. We have played this style with most clans, but we are always open for more suggestions.
    Either way hope we can do this.

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Sun May 08, 2011 5:33 am

We used to have a WOGL rules server, and that was our last competitive interaction as a Clan, what you describe is similar, play Two maps, whoever detroys the most MCOMS wins, pretty simple. there were other restrictions, such as can't blow up the MCOMs directly w/explosives, only one recon, no shotties, no M60 for medics etc.. Don't want to put to many restrictions on this since it is only a friendly competition. Keeping it to 2 Rush maps with a 3rd for a tie breaker sounds reasonable. Don't think I would limit weapons, but that can be discussed also. I personally hate Shot Guns, they are over powered and Dice can't seem to tone them down, or refuses to do so.

<<

Fire488

Post Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 am

dflynn wrote:We used to have a WOGL rules server, and that was our last competitive interaction as a Clan, what you describe is similar, play Two maps, whoever detroys the most MCOMS wins, pretty simple. there were other restrictions, such as can't blow up the MCOMs directly w/explosives, only one recon, no shotties, no M60 for medics etc.. Don't want to put to many restrictions on this since it is only a friendly competition. Keeping it to 2 Rush maps with a 3rd for a tie breaker sounds reasonable. Don't think I would limit weapons, but that can be discussed also. I personally hate Shot Guns, they are over powered and Dice can't seem to tone them down, or refuses to do so.

The rules that most use on the attacker's side is that all mcoms need to be destroyed to get the map point. then we switch sides and same deal. if no one destroys all mcoms then we both tie that map. defense is way to easy so that's why defense can never win. if tied into the third it just becomes a simple conquest map and most of the time there is a clear winner.
    As for weapon restrictions you can use whatever you have to kill someone or destroy an mcom. In order to use C4 you need to get there and that will not be easy.

Any ideas for a date and time? Server?

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 am

I would suggest one map on our server and one map on one of your servers, and we can do the conquest match on either server. TKC has 4 servers, one 24/7 conquest, a mixed mode server, a SQDM server and also a Vietnam SQDM server. As for a Date, I would assume that a Fri. night, Sat or Sun would be the best for TKC. Let us know what would best work for you.

<<

Fire488

Post Tue May 10, 2011 5:39 pm

dflynn wrote:I would suggest one map on our server and one map on one of your servers, and we can do the conquest match on either server. TKC has 4 servers, one 24/7 conquest, a mixed mode server, a SQDM server and also a Vietnam SQDM server. As for a Date, I would assume that a Fri. night, Sat or Sun would be the best for TKC. Let us know what would best work for you.

Sure that will work for us. If you would like to host the event we have no problem with that either. It just seems like it may present problems switching servers to me, but I could be wrong. Usually Sundays are best for us, but as for now we are booked until June. Would you like to try a Saturday? I'm not sure what I can get but I will try. Let me know.

<<

kingloser

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Tue May 10, 2011 11:21 pm

where are ur servers located? the switching servers thing is usually so people who play on our server know what kind of ping theyre getting and going to a random server where ur ping is double irritates the hell out of people. so using diff servers rectifies this problem most of the time. Yeah and with summer rolling around getting everyone together is hard. especially since most of our members seem to be picking up extra hours and stuff through work. But usually if we can get a firmish date and time a cpl weeks in advance we can usually make things happen. but a cpl days lead time usually doesnt work.

Next

Return to Challenge TKC